December 27, 2008

Carrie's list

Hi, everyone - I'm Carrie from Books and Movies. I "discovered" graphic novels in 2008, and enjoyed the ones I read very much, with Maus, Persepolis, American Widow, and 1602 standing out.

I'd love to try for the "major" level, but don't think I'll have time with all my other challenges. I'll stick to the "minor" level. Here are my graphic novels:

1. Mom's Cancer by Brian Fies (technically, this is a graphic memoir, but hey...)
2. Black: The Birth of Evil by Ted Dekker, adapted by Matt Hansen & Bob Strachan
3. Red: The Heroic Rescue by Ted Dekker, adapted by Matt Hansen & Bob Strachan
4. White: The Great Pursuit by Ted Dekker, adapted by Matt Hansen & Bob Strachan
5. Ice Haven by Daniel Clowes
6. Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons

My library has the first four titles, and my friend has title six, so at least I won't be purchasing any.

2 comments:

jessi said...

Welcome! The only book on your list I'm remotely familiar with is Watchmen, so I'm looking forward to your reviews. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jessi - I'm excited to get started!